Tuesday 26 February 2013

Waiuku College athletics day or....

Never doubt my insanity!!!!!!! ah athletics day when our schools 4 houses; Rimu (red); Matai (green and the best!!!!!); Totora (blue); and Kauri (yellow) face off against one another. Today was athletics day and perhaps the only reason I am posting this is because I am too exhausted to do anything else. I have a few pics for you but not many and yes the first picture is of me... never doubt my insanity, and never think that I'll miss an oportunity to publicly humiliate myself.
as you can tell I was exhausted... running with a drum is hard.
 Now I know the photo is terrible... I didn't take it and trust me I wasn't ready... if you can't tell which house I am in from the colour well your more colour blind than I am. My ears still hurt from all the drumming I did today and I am going to pass out from overheating at any moment. But it was a fun day and what can I say but I just went mad!

I'll let you all know that my hair is not actually that colour.

Also that drum was perhaps the most important thing all day for me, first of all I can barely find a way to get it secure, using my belt to hold it. Later I replaced my belt with lots of string which was half decent but did mean I had to be cut free from the drum at the end of the day.

Well I hope your all having a great time and that your having nice weather.... sure the weather was nice but that was actually a problem with the heat and sunburn... not sure if I am burnt right now.
all the banners going up in the morning.

Totora seems to have got their students helping there was only 3 of us there early on and only 7 by the time the bell went

Getting ready for the 800 metres... I didn't come last which is amazing as that drum really was cumbersome... notice the people already running in the background

some of the 100 metre sprints... I did this also, came last but hey I was there for fun

more sprints... I'll tell you now that its not fun running in the mid-day summer heat.

and now let us cool off and relax, still some photo's from school but as you can see one of out nice gardens
 Well there we are then. I have now humiliated myself in public and on the web I am on a roll today!!!!!!

had a test for my new rules last night. pics will be posted soon, I realised I have to make some major alterations. I almost deleated all my pics and I have had to restage one, a key moment in the battle. but until the have a good day/night



9 comments:

  1. Ah, the dear old school sports day. What was it about schools that extracted the last drop of fun out of sports and made it such a complete and utter chore... Mind you, that was back in the '60s. Things may have changed since then...

    Meanwhile, back in the 21st Century - it'a nice to put a face the name, Gowan. I daresay yours was the House cheerleading role?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no my role was just to have the drum... and its not cheer leading its shouting louder than anyone else. unfortunately we seem to have the least enthusiastic group of juniors in our house and I think even flogging them would not get a single whisper from them.

      ah well it seems some things have changed for the better then because I really do miss the days when we had a really proud house winning all the spirit shields and stuff, we never won competitions but we had pride this year, many victories no pride.

      Delete
  2. Nice hair, and toga! lol, I'm just kidding, it looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was... the wig had a balding patch which I find amusing given that many people wear wigs to hide baldness so the hat was required. it really was good fun and its sad that this is my final sports day... last year of school and all.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing a little more of your life outside the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome... school is pretty much it outside of the hobby I am afraid, but hey I have to get my priorities right. school + hobbies that's the best solution I have right now.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really nice! Hey, sometimes we have to do these things for the cause (your cause, the school activity)! The best thing to do is take the most of it!

    I loved all that space outside! Does it belong to the school? If so, I'll start looking for a job at New Zealand! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes most of it does. we have 2 rugby pitches, 2 football fields, tennis courts... and more. The school also backs onto the towns rugby park... only around 900 students also.

      BTW many towns might not have such a large area as Waiuku. I know that Pukekohe for example has its college in town.

      BTW Waiuku college is expected to grow, we are actually building more classrooms right now and as NZ is always looking for overseas teaches I expect that you could even get a place here.

      Delete